A couple of things on home maintenance/improvament that i never mentioned:
Way back in early August I finished sheet rocking the work shop wall. It was only in need of one piece, but I ran out of sheet rock (way back in 2016) and when I got some I was too lazy to move everything from against that wall. I figured since the cats aren't allowed basement access, now was the time make a mess in the area that the cat boxes sit.
Here is almost "before". I actually put up the bottom piece of sheet rock sometime after getting those boxes of bathroom cabinets out of there (late summer 2016 when Cop Car and her HH visited). That piece was never mudded or painted and the top of that wall was still straight to the insulation.
At the first of this month I decided that it was time to insulate the wall behind the pellet stove since it was still bare block. that would involve moving the stove since the exhaust is laid too close to the wall to have flammable materials behind it. The plan is to move it so it is no longer pointed at the back of the stairs. With the wall between the workshop and stove room opened up I should be able to point the stove so it blows into the shop.
The beginning was to unhook the incoming air and exhaust pipes
Yesterday I finished covering the foam with Reflectix - a class one fire retardant (reflects heat back) The metal tape to close it all up takes forever :)
I have started on a hearth pad to place the stove on and should finish it today - so pics will be forthcoming.
On another note - this morning it was 64 degrees in the house so I started the P43 (small, main floor stove) to take the chill off. It has been such a warm, humid summer, Thursday it was 77* in the house at 4:30 AM, that it seems weird to start the stove.