Last Friday morning I was contacted by a company that I had had several phone interviews and two in-person interviews. They offered me a position contingent upon my passing a physical and background check; was shocked there was no drug test. I accepted and went in for the physical on Monday which tested
- Vitals - BP 100/60 and pulse 60,
- Vision - good enough to pass apparently
- Hearing - "OMG you have great hearing even going into the negatives" she said
- Range of motion - thank goodness one move only had do be done on the downward swing - the upward would have been difficult
- Limberness - I touched my toes with feet together
Last night they called to say I had passed the background check and physical; when did I want to start? I think I took them aback when I replied "Monday". I won't actually have a computer for up to a week (large companies have overloaded IT people that are trying to service all new-hires for all divisions), but they will figure out something for me to do.
Then I got a care package delivered this afternoon that I had no idea who it was from, or why. At first I thought maybe WS was sending me flowers, but when it turned out to be a fruit, nut and cracker basket, I was befuddled. Then I opened the card and found it was from the company as a welcome to the fold.
I will be glad to get back to work after being unemployed for 3.5 months!