November 21, 2006
Questions, Questions, Questions
From Cop Car - just a few questions (after 4 tries, I got IE7 to get the idea that I was going to accept scripts and it allowed me auto link - probably would have been faster to hand-code it!)
Have I ever:
1. Bought everyone in the bar a drink--No, never had that much money!
2. Swam with wild dolphins--No.
3. Climbed a mountain--Yes - during backpacking.
4. Taken a Ferrari for a test drive--No.
5. Been inside the Great Pyramid--No.
6. Held a tarantula--No.
7. Taken a candlelit bath with someone--Yes.
8. Said “I love you’ and meant it! --yes.
9. Hugged a tree--No.
10. Bungee jumped--No.
11. Visited Paris--No.
12. Watched a lightning storm at sea--No.
13. Stayed up all night long and saw the sun rise--Yes - easy to do when you work 3rd shift (as I did for many years.
14. Seen the Northern Lights--Yes - but it was very faint at the time.
15. Gone to a huge sports game--Yes - WS and I went to a Boston Bruins game in Connecticut when the company he worked for got a bus and tickets for a very reasonable price.
16. Walked the stairs to the top of the leaning Tower of Pisa--No.
17. Grown and eaten your own vegetables--Yes (good thing I haven't had to live off them though!).
18. Touched an iceberg--No.
19. Slept under the stars--Yes.
20. Changed a baby’s diaper--Yes.
21. Taken a trip in a hot air balloon--No.
22. Watched a meteor shower--Yes.
23. Drunk champagne--Yes.
24. Given more than you can afford to charity--No.
25. Looked up at the night sky through a telescope--Not that I remember, though I might have thru my grandmother's telescope at some point.
26. Had an uncontrollable giggling fit at the worst possible moment--Yes.
27. Had a good fight--Yes. 28. Bet on a winning horse--Yes - not because I actually knew what I was doing though.
29. Asked out a stranger--No.
30. Had a snowball fight--Yes.
31. Screamed as loudly as you possibly can--No.
32. Held a lamb--Yes.
33. Seen a total eclipse--Yes.
34. Ridden a roller coaster--Yes.
35. Scored a winning goal--At what? No.
36. Danced like a fool and not cared who was looking--Yes.
37. Adopted an accent for an entire day--No. 38. Actually felt happy about your life, even for just a moment--Yes.
39. Visited all 5 continents--No.
40. Taken care of someone who was drunk--Yes
41. Danced with a stranger in a foreign country--No.
42. Watched wild whales--Yes.
43. Stolen a sign--No.
45. Taken a road-trip--Yes.
46. Gone rock climbing--No.
47. Midnight walk on the beach --Yes.
45. Gone sky diving--No.
49. Taken a train through Europe--No.
50. Been heartbroken longer than you were actually in love--No.
51. In a restaurant, sat at a stranger’s table, and had a meal with them--No.
52. Milked a cow--No.
53. Alphabetized your CDs--Yes
54. Sung karaoke--No.
55. Lounged around in bed all day-- No.
56. Gone scuba diving--No.
57. Kissed in the rain--Probably.
58. Gone to a drive-in theatre--Yes.
59. Started a business--Yes.
60. Taken a martial arts class--No.
61. Been in a movie--No.
62. Crashed a party--No.
63. Gone without food for 5 days--No.
64. Gotten a tattoo--No.
65. Got flowers for no reason--Yes - I get them for WS for no reason sometimes.
66. Performed on stage--No.
67. Been to Las Vegas--No.
68. Recorded music-- LP to tape and from LP to CD.
69. Buried one/both of your parents--No.
70. Been on a cruise ship--No.
71. Spoken more than one language fluently--No.
72. Picked up and moved to another city to just start over--Yes.
73. Walked a famous bridge--No.
74. Had plastic surgery--No.
75. Survived an accident that you shouldn’t have survived--No.
76. Written articles for a large publication--No.
77. Tried to lose weight seriously--No.
78. Been in the military--No.
79. Read a good book--Yes.
80. Piloted an airplane--Yes - for a couple of minutes while with Cop Car.
80. Petted a stingray--No.
81. Broken someone’s heart--Doubtful.
82. Broken a bone--No.
83. Eaten sushi--No.
84. Had your picture in the newspaper--Yes.
86. Skipped all your school reunions--Yes.
87. Shaved your head--No.
88. Caused a car accident--Yes.
89. Pretended to be “sick”--Yes.
90. Swam in the Pacific Ocean--No.
91. Saved someone’s life--No.
93. Been in the room while someone is giving birth--Only my own.
95. Adopted a child--No.
96. Been caught daydreaming-Probably!
97. Been to the Painted Desert--No
98. Called off a wedding engagement--No.
99. Become a follower of Jesus Christ (I had to go to Doves and Pomegranets to get this last one) - I don't find it offensive. No.
Ah, #93 was really a sneaky one. You saw the obvious--which I missed. Good for you! As to #91--you could easily have answered "Yes" and I would not have argued with you. I could have wondered about in that white-out until I starved to death (after eating the beef log that we had with us, of course) had you not had the directional sense to lead us out of there. I thank you, for that.
Posted by: Cop Car at Nov 21, 2006 5:15:33 PM
I believe that you have me confused with someone else. I have absolutely zero directional sense and I have no idea what you are talking about.
It is possible that I just have a poor memory, but believe me, it was pure luck, not directional sense, if that is the case!
Posted by: bogie at Nov 22, 2006 3:51:32 AM
Estes Park CO, April, 1979. We had just started walking cross-country when the light flurry turned into the fury of a blizzard. I was wearing my glasses, which were completely useless in such a heavy snow (they tended to drift over with snow); but, you were wearing your contacts. Not sure how much good the contacts did, since your eyes were probably closed against the snow, anyway, but you were able to lead us back to the road and car. Thank you.
Posted by: Cop Car at Nov 22, 2006 7:33:16 AM